Sunday, March 27, 2011

Boys, Bumps & Bruises!

Max has been a crazy little boy - he loves to play and has been driving his teachers at school a little crazy!! We have had two accident reports from school in the last two weeks~ both because he keeps trying to walk from the Elmo toy to the bookshelf and has fallen - once onto a puzzle piece that left him with his first black eye! He cried that day - but didn't cry on the first fall - so I think he's pretty tough! Max and Daddy also got an accident report from Mom because they were jumping on the couch and Max got a bloody lip - This is not something I thought I would be dealing with just yet considering our son is 7 months and Daddy is ..... well age doesn't matter when you are Daddy does it!!!! Max freaking loves jumping and "playing" on the couches and with the dogs - I don't even know why we have toys - the kid likes the remote controls, paper, or the dogs the best. Max got his 4th tooth - the front top left one is on it's way in. We are working on a few table foods but really don't have the swallowing concept down just yet. He can BITE the Gerber Cheetos puffs or cereal puffs just fine (don't leave a finger in his mouth one second too long) but he doesn't really understand the swallowing idea. Soon - very soon. Other milestones - Charlie had his 32nd birthday and we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary! Wow were does the time go! Love you honey! Max has not started saying any other new words but has started communicated in a funny way - he will make the clicking nose with his tongue (from top of mouth to front of teeth) and he does it all day long - when he wants our attention - or when he sees the dogs- or when he's hungry - it is very interesting and funny! This is Joesph a friend Max plays with at school - he is a very sweet boy!

Charlie was holding Max in the bathroom and Max saw something interesting on the counter- he reached for it and 1st glanced at Daddy in the mirror - 2nd looked at Mommy -- and then as all kids do put it in his mouth - the item he had found that he thought was sooooo very interesting was SOAP!!! As I was snapping pictures of my son doing this I was saying "Charlie we should not be letting him do this" and Charlie was laughing and laughing- I love my Husband - he let Max have the one taste - pictured here and Max did not like it and Charlie washed his mouth out - We hopefully will not have to revisit the mouth washing with soap scenario for a few more years - hopefully!


I do believe that my sister-Kyle, Charlie, Anthony and I were just laughing about this as we watched The Christmas Story at my Mom's house -in the movie the mother is making the boy wash his mouth out with the soap ( I forgot what he said & I forgot his name ) and she feel's bad so when she sends him to bed she takes a taste of it- I did not taste the soap - Kids are too funny! All for now - Luv ~ Ang